Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolution time?

Most people make resolutions concerning their health.  I'm already pretty committed there - 4-5 days a week at the gym, with two a days twice a week (yeah, in the perfect week, I make it to the gym 7 times).  I eat pretty healthy, although I could cut out ice cream entirely (not good for my mental health).  So as far as that goes, I just need to keep going like I have.  And I think Josh will help me keep up with it.  My only new goal is to be able to run a 5K.

My resolution sounds awful - I resolve to be more selfish.  Didn't my momma teach me better? But let me explain.  Most of the time, Josh and I are doing things with other couples or friends on the weekends.  We used to have date night (just us, nice night out) but it has fallen away.  After a fantastic day where I had been selfish and said no one else was invited, I realized that it was important to me.  So I've resolved to be say no to other people coming along more often - at least once a month.

What did you resolve to do?  Did you take the opportunity that a new year presents?  Did you go with a "traditional" resolution?

2 comments:

My Unfinished Life said...

on the contrary...i think being a bit selfish is good!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's good to be selfish once in a while!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88