Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Disney?

Erin over at The Prep-E Girl had a suggestion to get me writing again. Why a Disney wedding?

Honestly, it just kind of happened. I've always been a "Happily Ever After" kind of girl. I grew up wanting to be Cinderella, or any of the other Disney princesses. I've always loved Disney, and Disney World has been one of my favorite places to dream about going forever.

David's family is Disney obsessed. His basement is filled with Disney posters, and he's been to Disney more times than the years he has been alive. In fact, his fraternity brothers have nicknamed him Disney!

So, how does this all lead to a Disney themed wedding? I went to Disney with David's family. When he proposed, I knew that Disney would play a big role in our wedding. In fact, we bought our Cinderella and Prince Charming cake topper the same week.

In a perfect world, I could bundle everyone I love and take them to Disney World with us. David's mom said it's David's happy place - I think it can be everyone's happy place. Instead, I'm bringing a few pieces of the happiest place on earth to southeast Indiana. I'm looking forward to being a princess for a day, but I'm really looking forward to living happily ever after with my Prince Charming. And for the record, his first name is David :)

No comments: