Wednesday, October 6, 2010

West Wing

The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection
I know that I mentioned that I started watching West Wing again.  It hits me pretty hard every time when Mrs. Landingham has her accident.  Even though I know it's a fictional story, it sums up our lives so well - the president is getting ready to make the biggest announcement in his political career, and has to deal with the loss of his long time friend and colleague.   It seems that we are always dealing with too much, and when we think we can't take anything more, more gets dumped on us.
Charlie "Is there anything else you need sir?"
President Bartlett "I need pallbearers."

The season finale of the second season is incredible.  President Bartlett's final conversation with Mrs. Landingham - wow.  And the rain scenes... I wish we had a president that strong.  I'm not political and I'm not asking for a political debate, but if someone like Jed Bartlett ever ran, I hope I would see it, becase I would want to work on the campaign.

I really enjoy this series.  Having the time to sit on the couch and watch it is even better.  Every now and again it happens that I can swing this - I took the day off tomorrow so I can have my furnace inspected.  It's nice and relaxing to know I can sleep late and laze around tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be the 4th Thursday of a headache/migraine if this continues.  I'm pretty tired of it - none of the usual tricks have worked.  I'm hoping a day off and extra sleep will help!  If not, I have an appointment for my annual physical in a few weeks and I'll talk to her to see if there's something we can do.  I'm still praying it will break soon and quick!

I had a play date at the park today with Josh's sister-in-law and his nephew.  It's amazing the changes you see in a month in an almost two year old!  He is adorable and so much fun to be around.  Jane is awesome too - it's nice to have an adult conversation at the end of the day.

No comments: