Monday, March 14, 2011

New furniture!

I am on my second kitchen table, and I've been in my house less than a year!  They're both hand me downs, and I've been grateful that my parents have let me borrow them.  Sadly, the chairs with the current table have seen better days.  The one is only good for my schoolbag - I'm afraid that if I sit in it I will be dumped on the floor.  Knowing this, I have been eagerly awaiting my tax return in order to purchase a new table.

I'm an internet shopper/browser - it keeps from making as many impulse buys.  I have been drooling over this table for weeks now:
(Source: Furniture Fair)
I had called Furniture Fair a few weeks back to see if this table was in any of their showrooms.  I wanted to see it, touch it, sit in the chairs before I purchased it.  I was told they didn't have it in any of their showrooms, and it was backordered.

We went to another store, whose name I won't mention, because they advertised the same table for just $20 more.  I did not have a good feeling when we walked in the store - it felt just a little bit shady.  I saw the table, and liked the design, but the color was just enough off that I wasn't a big fan.  Combined with the bad feeling, I decided I wasn't interested.
Mom and I went on with our shopping, which involved driving right by Furniture Fair.  Mom convinced me to stop and look - what's the worst that could happen?  I told the salesman that I was looking for a kitchen table set that included a bench, and he took us back to show us what they carried.  Wouldn't you know, they had THIS table in a different color!!  I was so excited, and told him that he had brought us to what I had been dreaming of.  He told me it came in the color above, and I told him I wanted it.

He checked, and it IS backordered.  It should be in their warehouse in 4-6 weeks.  No instant gratification, but I am so happy I got the table I wanted!  I can't wait to put it in my kitchen - I think it will help finish that room.
What piece of furniture made a room for you?

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is a beautiful table! I'm so glad you got what you wanted! Hopefully, it will arrive sooner than expected and surprise you.

Stephanie said...

I love the idea of a table with a bench at the side! Love!