Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

One of my favorite weeks of the year is finally here - Spring Break!  Sometimes I think I look forward to it more as a teacher than I did as a student, because it's the last long breath before the marathon to the musical, graduation, and the end of the year.

It's been busy though!  There was sister time in Indy
Then a visit (and productive wedding planning with Erin) in Fort Wayne, where I got to play with these little guys
And also to see something that got me VERY excited for next month (same exit as Erin's house!)
I saw this happen to my car who isn't yet 3 years old.
And, lest you think I have completely forgotten I am an employed professional, I found these for my Mike TV (Willy Wonka is my musical)

Cleaned carpet today, which meant I also rearranged my furniture.  When I had the baseboard heaters installed, I had to move my chair away from them, so I had re-done my furniture.  While I liked it (it put my couch closer to the heater!) I really liked my original set up.  I'm excited to have it back, even if only until next winter :)

How would you spend a week off with no planned major trip?  Would you ignore work, or continue to do the things you needed to?

1 comment:

Heather said...

How I wish I had a spring break, or a break at all, from my year-round grad school schedule! If I had an honest to goodness week off, I'd take the time to totally relax. None of those are in my future anytime soon, though.