Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dining Reservations - for our Honeymoon!

As anyone who has ever planned a trip to Disney World knows, the dining reservations can be very elusive. Tall tales abound of guests' rudeness when calling to get the most sought after places. Personally, I've never had trouble getting into the restaurant of choice - it might have been a different day than we had originally planned, but we always got in. Disney recently upgraded their system to include a way to make reservations online. For someone like me, this was great - I got up about 10 minutes before the system will let you in, got ready, and at 6 AM EST this morning, was requesting our reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table (the tough one to get!). By 6:30, I had made all of the reservations except for the Fantasmic Package - which allows you priority seating at Disney Hollywood Studios' fireworks show. You'll notice we have two reservations that night - I have to see if eating early will be ok, or if we should just try to get seats on our own. I'm really excited about this - we got everything we wanted, approx. times that we wanted, all on the day we wanted - on the first try!

Friday
7:30 PM Cape May Cafe

Saturday
8:05 AM Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House)
8:55 PM California Grill

Sunday
11:30 AM Coral Reef
7:05 PM Artist Point

Monday
12:00 PM Sci-Fi (need something earlier if we eat at 4:05)
4:05 PM Fantasmic Package - Hollywood Brown Derby
5:30 PM Hollywood Brown Derby - this is the time we WANTED to eat, but the package wasn't available. Probably will be canceling this one

Tuesday
8:20 AM The Crystal Palace
12:45 PM Whispering Canyon Cafe - this one could be made later or earlier, depending on what happens with CP
9:30 PM Cinderella's Royal Table

Wednesday
12:00 PM Rose and Crown
7:00 PM Narcoossee's

Thursday
11:45 AM Le Cellier Steakhouse
8:20 PM Les Chefs de France

Friday
8:05 AM Crystal Palace - we are only going to eat at CP once, but it will depend on our flight AND how many theme park days we get on our tickets. Since it is located in Magic Kingdom, we have to have park tickets to eat here.

5 comments:

w said...

wait. you don't just get the big fat turkey legs?

Carly said...

YUM! You guys are hitting all of our favorites!

Chocolate Lover said...

Congrats! Thats so great! Making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Rhonda said...

Great blog. I live in Melbourne Fl and my husband and I went to the Sci Fi. It was great. We loved the clips of the old movies that they have on the screen during lunch. Movies were pretty corny back in the 50's and 60's. You'll see what I mean when you go.

You sit in "cars" like you are at a drive-in. Lots of fun.

I wrote a post on my blog a few weeks ago about Disney Weddings and visited the Wedding Pavilion and took pictures. You won't find my blog through my Google account though. It's at ourweddingplus.com/blog.

Good luck!

Rhonda