Sunday, December 13, 2009

You might have noticed I've been a tad absent. Yesterday was our 6 month pre-anniversary. Between wedding planning (which there hasn't been much of, just dreaming!), every day happenings, and trying to prepare my students for all of the Christmas performances, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for ANYTHING. But, Jennifer over at She Nests, gifted me with the Happy 101 Award.


Ok- here's the award rules:

List 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your makes you happy list.

10 Things That Make Me Happy:

1. Giving gifts. More than receiving, I truly love giving people the best Christmas present I can come up with. I may be a Scrooge about spending money on myself, but I love to make other people happy!

2. Driving. Even though I'm tired of my 40 minute one way commute, I love to just DRIVE.

3. Singing. I love to sing - everything from Christmas carols to pop songs to little kids ditties.

4. Jager. My dog is very astute to what happens during my day, and always seems to know exactly what I need him to do.

5. Disney movies. Beauty and the BEast, Cinderella, Lion King - I love the old school cartoons.

6. David. (I should mention now that the list is in no particular order). I truly can't imagine my life without him!

7. My secretaries. Even on my worst day (like last week when I was sobbing hysterically) they hug me and love me, and do whatever they can to make my day better.

8. My principal and his daughters! Chad is THE BEST principal - he cares about the students AND staff, and does everything he can to make our lives easier. His daughters.... well, they are just two FABULOUS girls. Not many kids that I know would invite their teacher to go swimming - but we went multiple times over the summer. Even when it feels like my life is in turmoil, a smile from those two can make my day brighter.

9. Ice cream. I love ice cream. When I'm stressed, it becomes my meal for one or two meals a day. Healthy? No. Sanity saving? yes!

10. Xavier basketball. I don't watch it very often, but I bleed Muskie blue, no matter how their season goes.

Now here are 10 bloggers that brighten my day!

Carly at Being Carly

Natalie at The Bobby Pin

AmyJean at The Relentless Bride

Hannah at That [Officer's] Wife

Rae at There Is No Wealth But Life

Jessica at from marriage to motherhood

Meg at A Pratical Wedding

Modern Mom at How to Survive Life in the Suburbs (my newest follower - so new I don't know her real name yet!)

Vanessa at Designs by Vanessa

Jessica from The Budget Savvy Bride

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh thanks sweetie! (and don't worry about not knowing my real name, no one does...I keep it a secret so I can't be found!! lol)

Looking forward to reading much more from you:)

Hannah said...

Thanks! :)

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me :)

Carly said...

You sweetheart!! Thanks for thinking of me and for introducing me to these other great blogs!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on less than six months! Thanks for the award. And I agree about ice cream! Yum.