Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010!

I can finally say that we are getting married THIS YEAR! It really excites me - we are less than 6 months away, I paid my car off (!) earlier this week, and we are finally in the same year as our marriage will begin!

As I started thinking about everything that was left to do though, I have started to worry. I am really thinking about hiring a DOC - I know that I am a control freak, and I might have some problems letting things go. However...... I don't think I want to be the contact person on our wedding day. I really don't want to have to run our rehearsal. So I'm trying to find information. I have a few DOC's websites bookmarked. If anyone knows someone / has heard of someone in the Batesville, IN or Cincinnati, OH area, let me know!

4 comments:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Do it! I am also a control freak and overly organized. I know I want to be able to relax at the rehearsal and on wedding day and let someone else run the show for us. So I definitely hired a DOC. I know it's hard to let go of things for girls like us, which is exactly why it's so important to do it! Believe me, I missed out on too much running around like crazy acting as the coordinator for my sister's wedding and I do not want to do that to any of my family or friends.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

I agree...do it!
Have a fantastic 2010!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on paying off your car and being so close to getting married!

I know nothing about DOCs, but not being the contact person sounds good!

w said...

yay! only 6 more months! and. i can't wait to get my invite to your wedding. seeing's how i basically live at disney... i could be your doc.

also. no. i couldn't. because idk what a doc is? other than the kind that i visit annually. and girl. we're just not gonna go there.