Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's all mine!

I really do apologize for my absence of late - I've been busy! I finally got to close on my house last Wednesday!!! There was a lot of stress in the lead up - as we were driving to do the closing I still wasn't sure it was going to happen. I am so thankful that it's over! I got possession at closing, so the house is ALL MINE!

That's where I have been every day since then.... we took boxes up on Wednesday. Thursday I did some prep work for painting. Friday night I actually started painting my kitchen! I got one wall done, then finished putting the second coat on it Saturday. That is my appliance wall, and they will be delivered tomorrow! Sunday I showed my house off to my aunt and her husband. My aunt is working on getting her interior design degree, so she was helping me with some of the decorating aspects. She also started a list of things she wants to buy me as house warming gifts: a new kitchen faucet, new toilet paper and towel holders, etc. The faucet doesn't match the light fixtures (two different metals) and it bugs her. I'll take it - then I have one handle and not two knobs, so I have better temperature control! And the bathroom things... they bugged me, but really, they are SO low on my priority list. There are NEEDS and there are WANTS - and are definitely wants. I really appreciate her thoughtfulness and the fact that she wants to help make my house the best it can be! Last night I got one wall of my bedroom painted - I'm doing two colors in there. I'll hopefully have pictures of stuff in the next few days - I have been finishing stuff when it was dark, and it's hard to get decent pictures.

That's it for now - I'm enjoying making the house my home! I'm hoping to move in the next few weeks, hopefully with all the help I am getting it will happen!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH how incredibly exciting! Yeah you!

Anonymous said...

Yay for being done with the closing!

w said...

ooohhhh. a free interior decorator. nice. wait. your aunt isn't charging, right?

Vanessa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting! Can't wait to see some pics!