Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Books books books!

I am an avid reader. You might say it's something of an obsession - I almost always have at least one book going. The only time I was ever grounded, I wasn't allowed to read (aside from required school work) for 24 hours - because I got in trouble for reading when I was supposed to be doing something else!
Twilight (The Twilight Saga)
When I really get into a series, it is the only thing I want to read. Take Twilight for example - I read all four books the first time in less than two weeks, during the school year (quite an accomplishment, even for a fast reader like myself!).
 Sookie Stackhouse, Books 1-7
My problem at the moment?  I am borrowing the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris from Josh's sister, one at a time.  And I keep having to wait in between them to get the next one, as someone else is also reading the series.  I appreciate not having to spend the money to get them... but the waiting is driving me crazy!  I finished the second book and am waiting on the third.  In the mean time, during this wait time, I have re-read all 4 Twilight books (for the third time!).  After finishing them, I have started re-reading the Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale.
The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3 
This is another really good series.  I read the first three books after my principal's daughter recommended them last spring.  As a house warming gift, she got me those three as well as the newest book, Forest Born.  While I really enjoy them, I will definitely put them down when I get the next Sookie book!

How do you read a series?  Do you try to read all of the books at once, or do you spread them out with other books in between?  Sometimes I will read more than one at a time - leave something that I am re-reading or that is really easy in my bedroom, and read the "harder" or new book in the living room, outside, etc.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

If I start a series, I have a NEED to read it all the way through. I waited until the Left Behind series was done, and The Husband had all of them, before I started it!

Stephanie said...

Oh I read them all at once. Back to back, can't stop until I'm done! It's a sickness really:)