Wednesday, February 9, 2011

But I want it!

You know those things?  The ones that you see, and you think to yourself "I want that."  You talk yourself out of it, because you don't NEED it, and needs come before wants.  But you continue to think about it, and your rationalization becomes "but I want it."

Well, I have one of those that has been bugging me for a while now.  If you haven't figured it out, I'm a diehard Vera fan.  But I'm also a Disney princess.  And so I have been wanting this for some time now:

I definitely know this is a WANT and not a NEED.  Especially since the pricetag is a little steep, even on sale.  But.  There's always a but, right?  My credit card rewards me in Disney Dollars.  You know, the kind that can be used at the Disney store?  And I am thisclose to having enough to pay for it.  So close, that I wanted to transfer the balance to my rewards card to be able to buy it today.  The difference would have cost me around $10 - very reasonable to me.  But because I don't have the minimum number to transfer, it won't let me.  I'm more than a little disappointed - this wristlet is on sale, and I don't know how long it will stay that way.  It might take me a couple more months, but I think I'll fulfill this WANT without taking away from any NEEDS.  Because really - is anything I would buy at the Disney store a NEED? :)
What's your WANT?  How do you justify it if you give in and buy it ahead of your needs?

2 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Since i am working on wedding planning...i have lots and lots of WANTS but usually i justify my wants by saying i deserve it because i've worked hard!

Heather said...

My big "want" right now is an Alaskan cruise, but I should probably put it on hold until next year.