Saturday, June 12, 2010

The rain rain rain came down down down....

It's raining.  More like pouring.  I looked out this morning, and my front sidewalk is under water.  The funny thing is, some of my mulch is floating on it.  So much for working outside today - probably a good thing I cut my backyard yesterday, as I don't think the mower will survive out there for a few days at least!

The good thing about the rain: I can work inside my house!  I've decided where I want things to hang in my living room, hall, kitchen, and both bathrooms.  I still don't know what I want to hang in my bedroom, office or hobby room.  I have LOTS of things that I could hang, but I want to make sure that I'm hanging them because I'm in love with them, not just to put stuff on the walls.  My bedroom at my parent's house had walls that were COVERED.  I'm trying to minimize and make everything more meaningful - it's a little harder to commit to stuff.  I am really excited about the decisions I have made though - I think it will help this feel more like home.

I'm not doing so well on the Happy House Challenge, as last week's new thing was to clear the clutter.  Since I am making MORE clutter to decide where stuff needs to go, I feel like I got maybe one day out of 7 where I succeeded on that one.  At least I'm making some headway on all the boxes, right?!?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I always feel like I make the clutter worse before it gets better! Best of luck to you!

Vanessa said...

Sounds like you made the most of being 'stuck' inside!!