Sunday, August 15, 2010

The First Week

The first week of school is over.  This is the first time in months that I haven't had a crazy weekend - and it's kind of a letdown.  I'm sure it's exactly what I needed this week, but it's still disappointing after the weekends over the summer.  I just got used to going going going!

My schedule didn't change after Monday, which made the rest of the week easier.  I have a new MacBook, which I am pretty excited to learn to use.  I am excited to finally have iWeb to make a school website.  It's nice - my fourth year of teaching, and I finally don't have the oldest computer in the school!  I have a laptop that will actually run without being plugged into the wall :D

I finished the 6th Sookie Stackhouse book today, "Definitely Dead."  I can't wait to get the next one!  I'm still working my way through the "Sword of Truth" series as well, but Sookie is easier to read during the school year.  As far as TV goes, I'm still watching TrueBlood every week (I'm totally addicted).  Josh got me started watching "Pillars of the Earth" last night through NetFlix - I want to see the rest!  I wouldn't mind having the NetFlix on demand - I've watched Firefly, part of Dresden Files, and now Pillars through it at his house.  It's really a cool feature, and now that I have a Wii, it would be possible!

Really nothing new to update on.  Need to get to work finishing up a baby blanket - I think the baby might be coming any day now.  I'm pretty close to finishing it, only 2-3 more squares and putting it together, it's just sitting down and doing it.  Actually, I think I might just try to do that today - I have a load of laundry to hang to dry, then I could stay in the A/C and crochet.  The combination of heat and allergens has been killing me lately, I don't go outside unless it's absolutely necessary!

No comments: