Saturday, October 24, 2009

Engagement Pictures - postponed

We were supposed to have our engagement pictures taken yesterday. David and I have chosen our perfect outfits, and my photographer has told me she has the perfect location.

Unfortunately, there were multiple circumstances that came together to prevent this.

First of all, it was raining for most of the day. I had seen this throughout the week, and kept telling myself I could run out and buy a cute umbrella. I mean, there are TONS of cute umbrella e-pics, right?

but then. BUT THEN. I ended up with bronchitis. For some people, this is like getting a cold - they cough a little more and might lose their voice, but for me, it's about a million times worse. The last time I had it this bad, I was sick for almost 3 months, yes MONTHS, and ended up in voice therapy. I spent all day on Thursday in bed, then mustered the strength yesterday morning to call the doctor and make an appointment. I also asked David to call our photographer and try to reschedule.

Sarah (our wonderful photog) called in the afternoon. She hadn't gotten David's message yet, but wanted to reschedule since the rain didn't look like it was letting up any time soon. All I had to do was ANSWER the phone and she knew what a great idea canceling was!

So, I'm disappointed that we didn't get them taken, but I'm hoping that November 1st works for both of us and is sunny!

No comments: