Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My secret love...

I went shopping with my friend Morgan today.  Nothing abnormal about that... except we went to a mall we don't usually visit.  Walking in, I saw many banners for.... a VERA BRADLEY STORE!  I have a not-so-secret obsession with Vera.  My first introduction to Vera was 3 years ago, with a Classic Black Hipster.  Since then, I've seen Classic Black retired and grown to love Frankly Scarlet... just in time for that to be retired as well!  I've never made it to the "big sale", although many of my items have been purchased there for me.  Since April, when I began my wish list for the sale, I have been drooling over the new Night and Day pattern.  If you haven't figured it out, I am slightly obsessed with Vera products.  I had never been in a store before today - of course we HAD to go in!

All this leads up to my splurge for the summer: matching purse and flip flops!
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about this!  Not only did I get a CUTE purse in the pattern I've been longing for, I've got flops to match!!  And they are cute too!  The purse is Olivia.  I am loving the bows on the side.  She's the perfect in-between size for going out to dinner or the weekends - not quite as small as my Hannah (which only carries the necessities and has a short strap) but not nearly as big as Morgan.  I think that Olivia and I are going to get along great.  I can't wait until Friday night when I can go out wearing my matching shoes and carrying a matching bag - something my fashionable Aunt Lana will surely approve of!

2 comments:

Nerissa said...

I love those sandals! The purse is really cute too! You got me looking at Vera Bradley stuff online now. :)

Heather said...

How awesome! I love her stuff, too!