Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer means my brain is fried

I've realized it's been quite a while since there was a "real" post around here.  With summer vacation, my brain truly is a little fried.  I start to do something and get distracted by something else that needs to be done... only to realize at the end of the day, none of it is done!
Fourth of July weekend was a lot of fun.  Josh had a 4 day weekend, so I got to enjoy 4 days too!  We spent Friday napping in the sunshine and going to Josh's softball game, with friends sitting around the pool after.  Saturday was a day of parties - and it was hot!  Sunday we decided to have people at Josh's, with most of us spending the whole day in the pool.  It was definitely a fun way to spend the 4th!  Monday was more lazy, going to see Eclipse (second time for me).
This past weekend seemed quiet in comparison!  Josh's team had the late game on Friday, so I made a big pasta dinner.  He ran a 5K Saturday morning and took first place in his age group!  I think it was the dinner the night before ;)  Saturday evening we went to Buca di Beppo with friends, then sat outside playing Apples to Apples.  It was such a fun evening!  Yesterday was a migraine day for me - I tried to fight it, took a nap, but just couldn't win.  Had dinner at Josh's grandparents' house - his grandma fell last week, breaking her arm, and just came home.  Then hung around his house waiting for TrueBlood - I am an addict.  As bad as my head hurt, I knew I had to stay and watch!  I was doing alright except when there were words across the bottom of the screen - had to sit up to read, which isn't something I normally have to do.
 
I've completely finished one baby blanket - I think I am giving it to her this week, so hopefully I will have pictures!  And I'm working diligently on the next one - I want to have it finished before the baby even arrives!  My problem is, as always, sitting down to do it - I feel like there's so many other things I should be doing.

1 comment:

Chocolate Lover said...

Can't wait to see the blankets!